Monday, January 9, 2012

Ridding horses = LOVE

I knew when Perm asked my dad for my hand.. and of course my dad responded with, "that's all you want? Just her hand?". So I kept telling him the element of surprise was gone, just pop the question already because everyone is suspicious. Well, he didn't like that much.
On Sunday Sept 12, my sister starts talking to me about riding horses and of course I jump on that idea. I'll go riding any time I can! I had Mondays off so we decided that would be a good day.
Perm had class Monday nights and so I knew it was only my sister and I riding. Danielle was being kind of goofy that day, I had a meeting to go to for work and while I was there she asked me what is good at this local deli that I LOVE. I quickly responded with a general description of what to get. Apparently that wasn't good enough for her. She then asked about wither tomatoes and onions were good on it. I thought that was such a stupid question, wouldn't you know if you liked those things on your sandwich!?
Finally it's time for me to head over to the Warner's house, while on the way Danielle called me telling me she won't be there on time, then five minutes later that she was on her way and to pull off the road and wait for her, another five minutes go by and she tells me to meet her at the house (like I said, she was acting goofy).
Once at the Warner's I meet up with our friend Jacky and started riding the horses. Just as we head out she starts asking me all sorts of questions about what I've been up to. Naively I start telling her how I know Perm is planning on asking me to marry him (little did I know I was on my way for him to do just that!) and how he needs to get it over with because I already know about the ring, the asking of the parents. I thought I knew it all.
Jacky with her two horses, Andy and Justin
We start down this hill and I see this white Honda accord, which I thought was totally bizarre. We are in the middle of Washoe Valley, how did someone get their car out there! I asked her why that would be and she said people like to hike out here. I happily agreed with that answer and kept riding (I was in heaven just being on a horse, so I wouldn't have cared if the world was coming to an end.. I was on a horse!)
It was only a few minutes later that my horse suddenly stops. He was spooked by something in the bushes to my right. So of course I start looking that direction as well. I see this round silver thing pointing my direction... What is that? Is all I could think! Then I see it move and I see a red dot!! I look closer and see it's my brother in law Matt. Why was he recording me and when I called his name why wouldn't he answer me!? I was pretty confused. Then I look up the trail where there was a blanket with rose petals everywhere, candles and music. It FINALLY dawned on me what was actually happening!!

Perm's hiding spot
Perm comes from behind the tree where he was hiding and has the biggest smile on his face! I didn't think I would be nervous but boy was I wrong! I felt frozen, I couldn't say or do anything. All I could do was shake. I got off the horse and next thing I know Perm is kneeling in front of me asking me to be his wife! According to my family I was like a bobble head, shaking my head yes the entire time! Once he puts the ring on(of course the one I feel in love with at Jared) I noticed my "paparazzi". Danielle had been taking pictures the whole time, Matt video taping and Jacky was there with her iPhone in one hand and the rains for the horses in the other.
Brings a smile to my face every time I think of this moment :)
Once Danielle got her pictures, they all left Perm and I alone. He takes me to the blanket and I see two glasses of sparkling cider. Then he has sandwiches for us to eat, from my favorite deli (Danielle got me on that one! Sneaky sneaky!!), my favorite chips. It was perfect! We watched the sun set over the valley and enjoyed watching the stars together. Then, last but not least he pulled out the best chocolate covered strawberries!! YUM!
The night was better than I had ever imagined it being! Perm was so proud of the fact that he surprised me... And honestly so was I.


Here's some extra pictures from the night;

They thought of everything to make it a special night for me
I had my ring!! YES!
Andy was trying to eat my rose
This the most random tree out in the middle of Washoe Valley. It made the perfect spot to be proposed to!

A special thanks to my sister, Danielle and brother in law Matt for creating one of the most incredible nights of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment