Monday, January 9, 2012

Wedding Dresses!!

Once I had that ring on my finger, it was go time! Three days later, my mom, Danielle, her kids and I were on the road to Utah. We all knew we wouldn't be able to find anything around town that was modest enough for the temple. I had an idea of what type of dress I wanted. I thought I was going to go for a modern, trumpet style.
We drove into Utah, had a quick BBQ with some family and then went to the University Mall to go check out Allyse's Bridal. We only had about an hour before they closed for the night so we planned on just checking out the designs and then coming back the next day to try things on. I gave the lady that worked there some designs I saw online. She asked me if I've thought of trying a specific dress because I had the perfect body type for it. I was more than willing to try any dress on :) 
"THE" dress :)

This dress had brocade all over it, extremely heavy and drop dead gorgeous! There was a good group high school girls trying on prom dresses and as I was standing in front of all the mirrors, they passed by and all gawked and said whoever my fiance was, he was one lucky man. Ok, if a bunch of strangers were saying that.. it must look pretty good! But seriously? Did we just travel all this way for me to find my dress after only trying on one other dress?! I had made appointments for the following day at other bridal boutiques, so my mom said we should keep the appointments to see if there was another dress that contended with it. I agreed, but was a little nervous I'd find another dress I loved just as much as this one.
This is the dress I had envisioned, it had it all.. but was over my budget.
The next day we get to the first appointment and my fear came true. I really liked this one dress, it had everything I ever thought I'd want in a dress. It was form fitting around my stomach, had lace, some pick ups, the back tied like I wanted, and the train was beautiful! But, it was a good $700 over what I wanted to spend on a dress.
First time putting a vale on.. THAT moment was surreal!
I was now in debate, and my head was spinning with all the options. I tried on some other really pretty dresses in the mean time, but I knew the two I was in debate over.
This dress was ALL lace! Oh my.. gorgeous!
I eventually got so overwhelmed that I just stopped trying dresses on and decided the dress for me was the second one I tried the day we got into town. I knew I was only going to wear the dress for one day, but at the same time I wanted to have that dress be special. Once we went back to
Allyse's Bridal and tried on that other dress I knew I had made the right choice. It was perfect, never thought of me in that style dress before but I was in love with it! The worker quickly put this flower hairpiece in and I was sold. No more searching :)
Who knew I'd fall in love with something with fish net!

No comments:

Post a Comment